Monday, January 26, 2009

So it is the boys who cause all the trouble!!!

I am finally home from the hospital....and hope to never be there again until about 18 weeks from now! On tuesday evening (1/20) I realized that I had not kept down any solid food since the previous Saturday (1/17). I and probably all pregnant women get so used to throwing up that it wasn't until I looked back that I realized where I was... I switched to all clear liquids and couldnt keep that down so when I talked to my Dr. on Thursday he immediately admitted me into the hospital and got me on IV fluids and vitamins. I had a lot of cramping pain that they (and I) were concerned about so while I was there I got an ultrasound!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH! I was going to have to wait until I was 28 weeks along but look at what I will do to get my way and see it sooner!!! :) And we are haveing a BOY! We are so excited, baby is perfectly healthy, its amazing to me that it can survive an entire week of no food and 2 whole days of no hydration!! Cause I felt like I was dieing!! Anyway once I kept down all of the drugs orally and kept down some chicken broth and toast I was able to leave. I haven't moved my diet much from the broth and toast idea but its working. OH, AND MY MOM IS HERE! We talked to her Friday and she got on a plane on Saturday and she swooped in and saved us all!!! Yeah!!!! I am sooo grateful to have her here. I am so dizzy and weak and tired so I sleep a lot so my Mom is literally doing it all. THANK YOU MOM! I LOVE YOU! And thanks Dad for sharing her! Thanks to all of you for the phone calls and emails....we are doing great!!

8 comments:

snappy said...

Yeah, for a little boy! I must say I am a bit jealous. I am glad you are resting and your mom could help you out. Take it easy!

Lynnette said...

You are a trooper! I'm so excited that you are having a boy, though, and that he is healthy! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Janet said...

I'm so relieved you are home and doing at least a little better. I can't believe we are both having boys! So awesome...I forgot your names already though. Pregnant brain, I guess! Keep posting on how you are doing because we are all anxious to hear your progress. Love you!!!

Sarah said...

Congrats on a boy! We hope to get one too. I'm sorry you've been so sick that stinks!

Ashley and Cody said...

Yeah!! That is so exciting you are having a little boy. I bet Greg can't wait. You are such a trooper, and we hope you will eventually start feeling better. Your family pictures are beautiful and your little girls are growing up! They are so beautiful and you look beautiful too. Tell Greg hello from Cody.

The Favorite said...

Boys are so fun- congrats!!!
So sorry that you were in the hospital, but glad your mom came. I love moms. You are an amazing mom and let me know when you need me to send you some brownies!

The Clems said...

HEY STEPH! congrats on your baby boy! that is very exciting. im sorry you have been so sick. i know how that goes for sure. i hope you get better really soon. tell greg that david says hello!

Jeff and Jess said...

Yeah, That's Great. Congrats