Thursday, January 29, 2009

Yeah....more I.V.s!!

I am here in the hospital...and you know I told that baby, no more hospital visits until he was good and ready to come out. Boys....they can be so difficult sometimes :) I actually dont mind the IV in, it gives me the fluids I need that I can't keep down. We are going to see how I do after this hopital visit and then if I still end up coming back then we will probably just do a pic line (is that really how you spell it?) so that I can just have a nurse come to the house and help with it every so often. My mom is amazing I am so, so grateful that she is here! The girls love it. And needless to say, so do Greg and I.
The hardest part about all of this is that I feel like my relationship with my girls is deteriorating, since my Mom is here to do all of the Mom stuff I am not feeling very close to them. Which proves to me that the service we render to someone...especially our own families will only help us to feel closer to them and love them even more. Perhaps through my prayers....scriptures...and Sister Hinckley's book, "Glimpses", I will be able to feel that peaceful spirit that in return they will feel as well. I love the gospel, the testimony I have now, and the knowledge that with my Heavenly Father all things are possible....even being a good mommy on bedrest. These are precious years when they are little...I already feel like I am running out of time.

5 comments:

The Dixon Family said...

Hey Steph. Sorry to hear about your pregnancy woes. My sis in law is going through the same thing right now. She had a pic line and would have to hook herself to an IV every other day. Her mom is also here and she was so grateful.

Hang in there. It'll be over soon (the sickness, that is . . .).

Janet said...

Oh Sister! I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I hope this time works because "yikes" about the pic line! It's amazing the things we have to do to get these little guys here. You are an amazing mother and your girls, I'm sure, understand that you are just doing what is best for the baby right now. He must be a pretty special little guy to be sent to you and Greg and I can't wait to meet him!!! Hey, if there's nothing else positive about this, at least you have time to blog now right? Love you

Sarah said...

That stinks! I hope you start feeling better soon, that totally stinks. I love mom's, when they come to help out it is great!

David, Joy, Harley, Oakley & Maverick said...

Oh my Goodness, hang in there! You're such a great mom and the girls know it. Enjoy the down time, if you can while you've got the help! :)

Lynnette said...

Hang in there! It will all be worth it, right? You are such a good mom. Your girls will love you no matter what! It will be over before you know it, and you will have a sweet little boy to cuddle and love. Good luck!