Wednesday, March 16, 2011

And the escaped convict got caught!

So, I am supposed to be laying low for a couple of days because of the incident on Sunday....hahaha. I had fully intended on doing just that! Promise! Monday: Totally layed low.... layed on the couch... on my right side of course because the left hurt too bad. Grant kept "trying" to sit on my head though, hahaha, its like he knew that would be bad. hahaha. I was a good girl, went and picked up the girls from school and then rested some more.

On Tuesday, the day started out much of the same, only little buddy did not want me to just lay down, he was all done with that mommy. So we played with the things he loves, did some laundry, which felt like quite the hike to the basement and back and then layed down when I could sneakily do so.

Grants balls are in a polka-dot basket in our family room, he loves to dump them out and then throw the basket. Which he did this time, only my head was in the way. Ouch, I tried not to cry so it was one of those laugh/cry combos, little buddy was still throwing his balls and having a blast.

I was talking on the phone to my sister a little bit later and I felt my wound and then looked at my hand and there was new blood. dang it! It hurt, but it wasn't excruciating and I talked to Greg and he said that I probably didnt lose any of my prized staples but he said that he would need to look at it when he got home. I then proceeded to take a shower, which I was petrified to do!!! But it didn't hurt as much as I thought it would and I felt better when I got out.

It was time to go and get the girls from school and while I was in the car lane I very carefully brushed my hair, that did hurt! My original plan was for all of us to go to the basement when we got home and play and clean up the craziness in our play room, Grant loves it down there! But, when the girls got in the car they were so excited that it was "Fun Day Tuesday"! They get out an hour earlier on tuesdays and they dont have any scheduled activities on tuesdays until later so its perfect to go to the library, the park when its warm, or McDs when its cold and mommy just sits while everyone runs like crazy. I thought, sure, why not!!?? All I will do is sit and the girls will chase Grant around and it will be perfect. I can "lay low" at the McDonalds playground!! Right?

As I was laying on the ground and coming to......I woke up to my sweet little buddy giving me a hundred kisses all over my face. Seriously he would not stop. He must have been worried. I heard the girls saying, "She is ok, she is just per-eg-an-ant!!" Then I heard a sweet lady say, "Sweetheart, the ambulance is on its way!" Oh no!! And the McDonalds manager say,"Here is some orange juice and cookies, they always make me feel better when my blood sugar is low." Wow!!!!! So nice! But so, so embarrassing! But in my best slurred-after-passing-out-speech I explained to them that I have low blood pressure and that this happens everyday.......only just ...... not at mcdonalds!

When the EMTs got there, they checked my blood pressure, which was through the roof because I was so stressed. They asked me a ton of questions and gave me a pillow to lay on, which was nice because can you imagine what your face is smushing against on the floor at the McDs playland? They were really really nice and he kept telling me that I needed to lay on my left side but I kept trying to say that I had 8 staples in my head from a fainting episode on sunday. That went over well. I declined a ride on their stretcher and their ambulance but they were not leaving until someone could drive me home. Dang it!! I was caught, I had to call Greg.

Greg arrived like a night in shining armor! You know when you are little and you get sick at school and your mom comes to pick you up and you finally feel like you can cry. Thats just what I did. :( The kids were so excited to see him too. Halle kept on running up to me and saying, Can I run out to the road and wait for Daddy. Um no Halle. Seriously, it felt like I was an escaped convict who was trying to make a run for it and got caught!!!!

So.... apparently I am on official house arrest. Greg called and explained to the needed people that I would not be at all the things I was supposed to do this week. Activity Days tonight, Pinewood Derby tomorrow night... etc. I dont blame him, he cant leave work whenever I have an episode outside of the house!

So, here I am, in very familiar but unwelcomed territory. It makes me sad. I am trying to not get too claustrophobic and am reminding myself that this doesn't have to be for the next few months if I can just behave and lay down when I need to!!! Yes,lay down even when I am at McDonalds (even though I really dont see myself going back there) when the floor is gross and I decide that I will just make a run for it instead... dang it, that trick never works!!!!!

2 comments:

Janet said...

So many things to say.....where do I begin? :) I can totally empathize with the claustrophobic aspects of this, but......you are so cute that you can make such a funny and light-hearted blog about something that is so scary. I love you but TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF PLEASE!!!!! And Greg.....take her keys!

Mandy + Aubrey said...

Oh my goodness, Steph. I was going to make a super long comment about all of your amazing blogging skills, but mostly I just want to say how much I love you. And miss you. And if you're ever bored...I would love to talk to you again. It's been way, way too long! Take care of yourself and that cute little Ingram baby girl. Sending prayers your way!