Friday, March 4, 2011

She's here!!!!


I just spoke to her. It's 1:30am here in my land.... Its 11:30pm in Utah where her plane has just landed after 30 hrs of flying.

Megan Dustin has been serving a mission for our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, for more on our beliefs go to www.mormon.org ) in the Philippines for 1.5 yrs... serving the people there and sharing some of that amazing light that she has inside of her and sharing her knowledge of how that light comes from Jesus Christ! Amazing!!!

I wasn't able to sleep (nothing new there.. haha) and had been texting Bridget in hopes that I might get a little play by play of her walking off the plane. And then, my phone silently rang while I was folding laundry in my family room and I heard her voice for the first time since September of 2009. :) She has a little accent, her voice kind of trails up at the end of her words. Cute! Proof of speaking another language for a long, long time. She sounded so good and happy, of course! I of course couldn't speak, just some tears and choking going on there but I am sure she thought I was just really sleepy.

Perhaps I can sleep now! Although I am almost finished with this basket of laundry..... so I will finish that up and then try to sleep. :)

But really? Can it get any more comforting than knowing that someone you love so much is back in this beautiful America? I have missed her so much. She is gorgeous! Happy! So kind, A true desciple of Jesus Christ and now....she is home. :)

Thanks for the call Megs!
(If you want to read about Megan's mission experiences, my mom has diligently updated it with her emails and also my brother, Josh's mission emails from Argentina..... They are sooooo inspiring and awesome! The blog is http://www.dustinmissionaries.blogspot.com/

(Now..... to wait for Joshua to get home from his mission!)

3 comments:

snappy said...

I went on my mission in the philippines! Way cool and my new best friend just moved to my town in the middle of nowhere and she is from Makati Manilla! I am sooo happy she is safe and sound. My sister is in Indonesia right now.

Jake and Em said...

oh that is so exciting!!! I didn't realize she was coming home already!! So glad you got to talk to her!

Janet said...

YEAY!!!! Now we just need to get her to Texas and Indiana :)