Monday, February 2, 2009

Cute things they say!

The other night, after I had gotten home from the hopital, I laughed really hard at something Taylor said and she said to me..."Oh, you laughed like the regular old mommy!" It was way cute and made me realize that they know there is a difference between this mommy and the one that laughs with them and takes good care of them. I can't let myself get depressed at my current state of mommyhood because this is the tiny price I pay to recieve another one of "His" children. Sadly, they get to pay it too but I am hoping they forget by the time they see how cute he is!! Halle said to me the other day...."Mommy, you were pretty when you got married...right?" How funny is that! She was probably looking at me and thinking, ok that lady had to be pretty at least when she was getting married because that is just mandatory. I told her that I was gorgeous on my wedding day and that I would even put on makeup and maybe take my hair out of a ponytail when I was all better She was really excited about that....perhaps we should lay off the perfect princess barbie movies for a while...they make mommy look frumpy!

2 comments:

The Favorite said...

There is NO WAY that you could ever be frumpy. You are so beautiful and we hope that boy and you will stay healthy.

Jake and Em said...

HAHAHA!!! That's the best! We all are excited when the "old" Steph makes an appearance! Like over Christmas when you called Greg a pansy and we got so excited!