Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cant Sleep

Well, I am sure that this is just the way my other pregnancies were, but I really dont remember the whole, not being able to sleep at night kind of thing. Funny huh! I have been awake since 3am..... I should have just gotten up a long time ago. I need to go for a run and really wear myself out. Dont ya think!!? Ahhh, if only. A run would be so helpful right now. I can think so clearly during and after a run. Priorities, goals, perspective and reality come into clear view. Hmm, I need that. I wonder what would happen? Me, running, outside.... no scratch that... how about inside, on a treadmill. Would I just pass out in two seconds? That would definitly not bring clarity. Or, would I ..... amazingly feel better and run super fast (that never happend even when I wasn't pregnant, haha) and just run, and run and be healthy and......stuff. (See what I was talking about with all of the clarity and reality talk....) Anyway. Case in point. I need a run!

So, my little ones have been sick. Strep throat found its way into their little bodies and it is totally sabatoging the mood around here lately. Tay got sick on Jan 28th, it was pizza movie night and after school she had that look... and she didn't want any pizza. (!!!!!!!!??) So we waited it out through the weekend and then took her to the Dr. on that monday, the 31st. Yep, strep throat. Fun. Luckily for her, school was canceled for the rest of the week due to the ice storm. Then the little buddy got a super high fever on thursday of that week and I didnt even wait, i just took him in and had him tested so he could start the meds too. And then, Halle got sick on this monday after school, the 7th, and i just took her in yesterday and yep... strep throat. Halle never, ever gets sick. That is one nasty bug! Guess who else is running super high temps? My Greg, the birthday boy! Looks like I am going to have everyone home today. Oh, which brings me to my worry, the worry that is keeping me awake. Wow, I am long winded - eh?!

Taylor is still sick!!! When we were at the Dr. yesterday I had her check out Tay again. She got better last thursday and friday but then started running a low-grade fever again on Sun, started throwing up again, sick on Mon, Tues, Wed...... she is still having the same symptoms and has lost 3 lbs. So today she is having some blood work done to see if we can find anything. That little girl has missed two weeks of school between last week's ice storm/strep throat and this week's..... whatever it is. My mind has, of course, been coming up with it's own senarios of why she is still sick and they aren't pretty... so that is why I am here, on my blog... journaling. Not giving my mind the satisfaction of pumping scary stories into my head that just make me want to cry. hahaha. I am a funny pregnant lady, who really, really needs a run. (See what I said about reality!) Here are some pics.... FINALLY!

3 comments:

Jake and Em said...

you make me lol....have you noticed that i commented on ever post? and i think I used lol everytime and on facebook...it makes me lol when I think about our conversation at christmas about lol-ing through text! :)
i love your long-windedness! (real word?)

Melanie said...

So, it is terrible when you're children are sick. It reminds me of your first grade year-almost held back because you were sick so much. However, it does teach us humility and dependence on the Lord, yes?

Melanie said...

One more thing-I am so sorry you seem to have some insomnia, but what a wonderful use of your time-recording your thoughts, feelings, worries, loves about your life. It's not just great for me, but your posterity is going to treasure all of your 'essays'!!