Monday, February 23, 2009

Lou, Lou Skip to my Lou!!!

You know that quote from Sister Hinckley that says (and I am paraphrasing) that she would rather laugh than cry because crying gave her a headache. Well, I am wondering what she did when she missed her Mom, or had days like today. Laughing just wasn't an option, at least, I dont think it was. We hired a girl to come in twice a week to help out with some errands, clean a little but most of all, play with Halle while Tay is at school and give her some perschool time. After my Mom was her for a whole month, going back to the messy house, no dinner, no errands done kind of life just didn't sound appetizing.....so we hired someone! The girl is awesome! We are so blessed to have found her. Halle loves her and had a ton of fun with her. But....It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be! When we went to go pick up Tay, Halle wanted to skip so she and Kelly skipped up to the door and I followed slowly behind. Sooo so sad to watch it. I feel like I am willingly just stepping out of her little life. Who knows how much longer I have that she will even want to skip with me places. That doesn't sound like a big deal but to me it is, missing these little things in their lives is the stuff that motherhood is made of! They are only this little once. I feel like I am just being a big (yes I know I'm big) whimp!! I feel like I would rather pass out and throw up after skipping with her than miss it all together. Maybe I will give our helpers another week or so, and if I am still having an emotionally hard time than I am just going to have to tell her "sorry...but I need to be a mommy, even if its a sick one...." You know, I really am so lucky that I am just pregnant and not dying from some awful disease...because I really do get to say, Ok..I can skip with her in July. It's "funny", it is going to be a lot "harder" when baby #3 comes out but I cannot wait to take on the challenge. hahaha I am sure I will be writing in July-Help, this is so hard. The point to this LONG blog....................SKIP NOW WITH YOUR LITTLE ONES!

4 comments:

OnlyAng said...

Yeah for skipping AND mommies growing new babies!

Mandy + Aubrey said...

OH, steph! I wish I wasn't about a million miles away from you right now. You sound like you need a big hug! Don't worry--it will all be over someday! I remember those days on bedrest. I've always been grateful that Emma was young enough that she doesn't remember having a mommy who couldn't take care of her or play! It'll be okay. You're doing great. I think I'll go skip now. Thanks for the reminder!

David, Joy, Harley, Oakley & Maverick said...

Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the skipping now. Sometimes I forget to do the littlest things with my babies because I'm "too busy". They're only small once and they won't need my attention soon enough! :) I can tell that you're such a great mom and I'm sure your girls appreciate all the time they have had and will have with you once you're feeling better!

Jake and Em said...

I want to just jump on a plane right now and fly to your rescue! I can skip w/ you on my back so it's like your are skipping! Your post almost brought me to tears! I love you!