Monday, November 10, 2008

Goodbye 7712 Chris Anne Circle...Home

This has been our "welcome home" for 4 years!!
My yellow stripes...Its funny how something so simple made me so happy! Definitely need to put them in my new room....need some of that happy!

Ah, the lifeblood of our house....1200 sq feet doesn't seem all that bad right about now!!!! So many memories in these two little rooms!


When we emptied the girls rooms and we were leaving for the last time...it felt like someone had died with it all empty!! The sweet room where both girls were babies, and now crazy toddlers and kids...how much I miss it. Okay...I think yellow is a good color for me in my home...it makes me happy! There are no yellows in our house now!



HOME.....it is what we make it right!? Is home where you are? or is home always the last place you were? I have moved 22 times in my life all and all, and sometimes you do feel right at home where you are and sometimes...HOME is where you ache to be. It probably has more to do with attitude than anything else but how do you stop the ache? Anyway, lots of questions-so I guess I probably have some more moves in me until I can find out those answers all by myself.




6 comments:

Janet said...

I LOVE the new family picture! You all look wonderful :o) Can't wait to see you for Christmas...we'll be there the 24th to play!!!

Jake and Em said...

Home is where you make it Steph! So, get your butt in gear making that cute new house of yours home! :)

Steph Ingram said...

True true true Em!!! My butt in gear.....that has a whole lotta issues to it! I'll be gettin on that though!

Lynnette said...

You guys are so cute in your new picture. I hope your new home becomes home soon!

Mandy + Aubrey said...

Awww, my poor Steph. I'm totally feelin ya with this one. No matter how good you get at moving, you still leave a little peice of your heart behind.

I love seeing pictures of your houses! It's so fun to see where you live. The stripes are SO cute!
Your new house looks adorable! It's hard to move, but my favorite part is getting to live in a new place. It's so fun to unpack and arrange the furniture! Like playing house, right?

Sooooo, it turns out that we got our hopes up for nothing! We aren't going to be able to come through at Thanksgiving. We've been reviewing our finances and planning for our big move across the sea, and we decided we can't go spend Thanksgiving with Song. :( But...We will be in Idaho and Utah for Christmas! Are you going to Star Valley? Going to Whitney's wedding and all that? We'll be in Rigby for Christmas--only an hour away! Totally worth the drive. Let me know! We WILL find a way to see each other again! Oh, and remember how we were always going to send Christmas Cards to each other? Crazy that we never have....crazy that I have never sent Christmas cards to AnyOne! HaHa. Okay, now ending the longest comment in history....

Melanie said...

Dad is very sad to leave our house too, but I told him, "Home is where WE are, not where our house is." We will have great memories anywhere as long as we have the ones we love!