Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It has.......Potential!

Our house was built in 1917 and the owners before us brought it up to date....to the 80's that is...I want to paint the shutters a different color...I am thinking maybe very dark gray...let me know any ideas you have. The neighborhood is what makes this house great!
I had to put the stairs in here because the girls love the fact that there are stairs..

This is the front room, our living room, I really like this area and its way down on my list of priorities to paint...sorry for the clutter, I still havnt hung anything on the walls...to the left is our empty dining room...let me know if you stumble across a table for cheap. And to the right is our kitchen, its covered in wall paper...and the linolium is mauve and green...second priority!


Our front door and entryway, needs some color but this little room is not a priority...notice the little white door on the side? Its our mailbox...the mailman puts the mail in from the outside and we open the little door and get it. The girls absolutely love this!



It has....potential..... This room is my first priority, the room is big and you cant tell but the walls are peach..the trim, walls, windows, doors are all brown...I will post pics with the finished project, its gonna be great!


Thats the whole first floor...I will post pictures of the upstairs and basement later...I think once we at least get the family room the way we want it, it will feel more like home.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

How exciting! Looks like a cute place!

Dallas said...

Where does the big screen TV go?

snappy said...

I love your house. I can't wait to see what you plan on doing! It looks like the perfect home with mature trees and an established neighborhood. Congratulations!

Jake and Em said...

LOVE IT!!! CANT WAIT TO SEE IT AGAIN!! Where did you get that great sign that says INGRAM in your family room? Its beautiful! :)

Janet said...

It is so cute! I would be brave and paint the shutters black...very cool!

Matt said...

I totally love it!! I am so jealous, that house has so much character. I heard about the good news too- congrats!! Love you guys. Tell Greg to get some riddles ready for Christmas.

The Favorite said...

WOW!!!
So happy for you new house, sad you had to leave the old one. One of the big family rooms looks like Karena's- you can ask her for some great tips. We can't wait to come visit!!
I'm so glad you have a great neighborhood too.